Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God keeps doing some really great stuff!!

This past Saturday, Charlie and I were able to spend some time with the family that hosted Lena when she came for the cultural camp/hosting program last summer.  We'd had the chance to speak with Marie by phone several times, as well as exchange several emails over the past 8 months.  This was our first face to face meeting with Marie and Brian, and what a great afternoon it was!  Marie and Brian were happy to share their adoption experience with us, as they returned from Ukraine in December of last year with their 8 year old son Mark.  We also heard some more great stories of Lena.  There is one story in particular I would love to share, but feel as if Lena would prefer I didn't... it had all four of us laughing, and appreciating Lena's thought, and resourcefulness.  Suffice it to say, Charlie and I will be parenting again.  Your prayers are most welcome.  :] 
As with the Mexin Family (who have 3 adoptive children from Ukraine and are working to bring 2 more children home in October) and the Goodness Family (who brought Lena's good friend Kristina home in July), whom we feel a deep connection with, we are thrilled to add the Murphy's to our extended family.  So you see, God keeps doing some really great stuff!!  I feel as if I'm wearing a permanent smile in my heart, and I like it. 

So tomorrow we will give the FBI Record Request Department a call again to check the status of our background check, Thursday our fingerprinting for the USCIS will be done, and we will wait for our I-171H form.  Once those two things are received, those will need to be notarized, then all documents will be apostilled, and then off to Ukraine our dossier goes.  We'll keep you posted...

In the meantime,
Charlie and I will praise you, O Lord, with all our hearts;
We will tell of all your wonders,
We will be glad and rejoice in you,
We will sing praise to your name, O most High.
Psalm 9:1

No comments:

Post a Comment