Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So good to hear your voice!!

I wasn't intending to do another update so soon, but this couldn't wait!  To say that I'm walking a foot off the ground this morning is an understatement!  I spoke with Lena on the phone for the first time this morning!! 

Charlie and I were given permission by Konstantin, our facilitator a few days ago to contact Lena by phone.  We had attempted to do just that, but had not been successful in getting through.  Before Charlie left for Denver on Monday morning we were up at 5am, and down the road looking for a spot in the road that would yield us 3 bars on our cell phone rather then the almost one we've been getting at home.  We didn't want to get a hold of Lena, and lose her in the middle of the call (many of you understand this due to your own personal experience when speaking with us, we're told it's what happens when you live in the middle of nowhere), we also have to keep in mind a 9 hour time difference, which puts a limit on calling time, unfortunately we were unsuccessful once again.  Before heading out, Charlie, bless his heart, gave me permission to keep trying without him, for he knew how anxious I was to get a hold of her. 
Soooo, this morning I made a trip down to the mailbox, and thought I'd try again, and THERE SHE WAS!!

Hello.
Hello, is this Lena?
Huh?
Is this Lena?  Lena this is Judy.
OOOOOHHHHHH!   YES YES this is LENA!!  How are you?
I am very good, how are you Lena?
Good! Good!
LENA!!!  It's so good to hear your voice!!!!!
I do not speak English well, understand little bit.  Sorry sorry.
It's OK!  Charlie and I love you!! 
For about a half hour Lena and I worked to understand each other, laughing and reassuring each other it was OK, we both wanted to understand so badly.  But, I felt and believe Lena did too, that just the fact that we were talking to one another was incredible.
I was really very surprised how well she did do, it's not going to take her long.  I could sense her determination, I love it!
Let me share some of what I did understand:

I want to come to America!!  To Arizona.
I see you in Ukraine soon!
Say hello to Charlie.
I like horses.
I like to ride horses.
How is my room?
Can you send more pictures of my room?
Can you send more pictures of Rowdy?  (one of our horses)
I like Rowdy.  I want to ride Rowdy.
How is Kristina?
Can Kristina ride horses one day too?  Can Kristina visit Arizona?
How is Natalia Family in America?
How is Marie and Brian?
I want to visit Marie and Brian.
How is Jennifer?
I want  to come to America, I want to live with you.
Call Galyna, she will help us understand each other.  Call today!
Galyna phone number is.....

Yep, What a perfectly wonderful morning... :]
Think I'll be spending the rest of the day a foot or more off the ground... :]

Note:  I had heard about Galyna from Linda Goodness, she is a translator, and helped the Goodness Family communicate with Kristina.  I did try and get a hold of her after Lena and I hung up, but was unable to reach her.  I will call her in the next day or two, when Charlie is at home, so we can speak with Lena together.  Can't wait!!

Update:  Called the FBI office again this morning, they said we can expect our background check to be in the mail by the 31st.  Another few days and the daily trip down to the mailbox will once again be cause for much anticipation...

No comments:

Post a Comment