Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Work and waiting continues...

Work and waiting continues on our dossier.  What is a dossier you ask, which is a question I asked not so long ago myself.  A dossier is a set of legal documents and adoption papers used in international adoptions which includes the home study, marriage license, financial statement, medical statement, etc. 
To date we continue to wait on the results of our FBI background check.  OBVIOUSLY Charlie and I have no concern as to the results, but it's the trek down to the mailbox each day with the hopes to fetch them that makes it seem a long time coming.  Who knows, maybe today??!!  We also received word 2 weeks ago that our appointment to have what will be our third set of fingerprints done thus far, this time for the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Service) is set for August 26th, 8am in Phoenix.  We'd hoped that it would be a bit sooner, but as with most things in life, if we admit it, we have no control.  But, I believe I've finally arrived at that point in life, that I really do believe HIS plan is a far better one than anything I could possibly hope for or come up with.  I'm learning to love what He's gonna do next.  So 2 weeks is what we're told to expect from the time we are fingerprinted until the time we receive the final piece of our dossier, the I-171H form (Notice of Favorable Determination Concerning Applications for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition).

Next on the list, all dossier documents must be apostilled (a form that contains standardized information, which allows data to be understood by all participating countries regardless of language), and then forwarded to our facilitator in Ukraine, Konstantin, whom we've heard many great things about, and his team for translation.  By October we're told our dossier should be in the hands of the Ukraine State Department of Adoption (SDA).  Then we wait for our invitation to meet with them.  At the end of 3 to 4 weeks (which we anticipate would be the end of November), in country, it is our hope and prayer that we will return home with Lena.  Please pray with us...

I read this quote not long ago, and it continues to stick in my mind, which makes me believe that God must intend for me to learn it and apply it, the reason I believe this, because it seems very little sticks any longer...

"Step away from the puny pursuits of possession and position and seek your King!".

Not without some struggle and much prayer do I feel as if I am indeed doing just that, and in doing so, I am, and know Charlie is, feeling as if the floodgates have opened and we are finding ourselves experiencing the overwhelming blessing of Him working through us.  Not to mention His presence, His peace, great joy and anticipation. 

  "For I know the plans I have for you, " says the Lord. 
"They are plans for good."  Jeremiah 29:11

More later...  looking forward to my trip down to the mailbox in a few hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment